Wednesday 21 October 2015

iHerb Haul October 2015

Oh iHerb... How did I live without you? My lasted collection of goodies have been in and out of my cart for a while and I have finally run out of some of these products and needed to replace them. As usual the shipping was well within the predicted time and the packaging was excellent. All liquids were taped shut or safety sealed. The hair products were taped and in their own plastic bags as well. (Prices below were correct at publishing and are in AUD)

1. Giovanni, Smooth As Silk, Deep Moisture Shampoo, 8.5 fl oz (250 ml) $7.70
On first use I have really enjoyed this shampoo. It has a really nice light lemony scent, it really reminded me of lemon slice but very subtle. It claims mostly to add moisture and control hair that is frizzy due to damage or dryness. I did notice after using this and the treatment together that my hair was very soft and blow dried smoothly and easily than usual. I really liked that it didn't feel like it stripped my hair, but it still felt clean. 

2. Giovanni, Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor, 6.8 fl oz (200 ml) $7.70
Straight away I liked that this treatment is in a squeeze tube not a tub! It is so much easier to get out in the shower and get the right amount. It has a similar scent to the shampoo with that very subtle slightly lemony smell. The texture of this is very balm like. It is very thick but it spreads into the hair easily and it doesn't take a huge amount to apply to the whole head. I used this as directed so I got out of the shower to leave it on and rinsed after about 10 minutes. While I was rinsing I didn't think my hair felt as silky and soft as it does normally after a treatment so I was worried I might be disappointed. After drying my hair though it feels beautifully soft, calm and tangle free. 



3. Earth Solutions, CarScenter, Aromatherapy Car Diffuser, 1 Diffuser, 10 Pads $12.97
This is a cool little gadget that plugs into the cigarette lighter port in a car. It essentially (hehe) heats a metal tray which holds a highly absorbent fibrous pad which you add essential oil to. It is very similar to an oil burner only powered by the car! It's very simple to use and allowed the oil I chose to scent my car without getting overwhelming as I drove. 

4. Now Foods, Essential Oils, Peace & Harmony, 1 fl oz (30 ml) $13.73
This essential oil that I got to use in the CarScenter is a nice mix of Peppermint oil, patchouli oil, orange oil, lavender oil and basil oil. It gives off a really familiar smell to me that I enjoy, as well as find calming. I think this effect is not just from the oils but because it reminds me of the oil my mother would burn quite often when I was younger. I really enjoy the mintiness and find that no particular scent overwhelms the others. It is very strong and for any use, particularly in an enclosed space like the car, you hardly need any to get lots of fragrance coming through.



5. Derma E, Soothing Toner, 6 fl oz (175 ml) $17.14
It's hard to say too much about a toner after just a few uses, but my initial impression is that this very nicely lives up to its name and is gentle, but leaves me feeling like my skin is totally clean and ready for my other skincare products. It has a browny green colour inside and it has no smell as far as I can tell. It doesn't make any sensitve areas on my face sting which is great in these transitional months as I can be prone to dry, sore patches of skin. 

6. Out of Africa, Pure ,Shea Butter with Vitamin E, Vanilla, 2 oz (56 g) $9.36 (I got this as a daily special for $1.40)
I bought this item because it was so cheap and I've been wanting to try mixing it into the sugar scrub I make with coconut oil. I haven't tried it yet but it smells 100% like white chocolate, which is always a good thing.

I've ordered from iHerb a number of times and have always been really happy with the prices, customer service and the products themselves. If, somehow, you have never purchased from iHerb before, you can use my referral code to get $10 off your first order over $40 or $5 off your first order under $40. If you have shopped with iHerb but decide to purchase any of these products you can still use the link and I will get a reward. I promise to only spend it on more things to post about here!



Referral Code: BJH106 

3 comments:

  1. I love Iherb! I also use giovanni shampoo but the curly or something one, full of body maybe? It's great! I might try that treatment next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to see how it goes long term as I don't want to spend big on my hair but I haven't been satisfied with my cheaper brand products compared to the salon one I was using.

      Delete
  2. I love iHerb! That's a great little haul you got!

    ReplyDelete