Friday 10 January 2014

Easiyo Yogurt- Home Made Yoghurt


Today I had a lovely trip down the Smith's Beach at Philip Island. It was busy, but not TOO busy. It was actually a nice amount of people to watch surfing and snorkeling etc, without everyone being on top of each other. If I was a better blogger I would have taken photos. But I didn't...oops. This might have been somewhat related to the downside of my day which was the large filling I had to get in the morning. The dentist was great and it didn't hurt at the time but has been very uncomfortable all day since the anesthetic wore off.  So dinner today will be some home made yogurt, jam and berries so that there is minimal chewing involved.

I thought I would share my recipe with you while I'm at it. I got this from another blog some time ago and I can't seem to find the same one any more. THIS blog looks like it has a similar recipe however and a few variations such as coconut milk which might be very tasty to try out. My recipe varies only slightly in that I will use a couple tablespoons of sachet mix (eg. Easiyo mix or similar) to get the culture in there.

Home-Made Yogurt
just under 1L milk (I use long life)
100g milk powder
2 Tablespoons yogurt mix.

  1. Whisk your powders with about 1/4 - 1/2 the milk until it is dissolved. 
  2. Add the rest of the milk and whisk again.
  3. Boil water and fill your Easiyo thermos to the fill line.


  4. Put the lids on and wait 8 hours or so until your desired taste and consistency is achieved. Move to chill in the refrigerator. 
  5. Eat with yummy toppings!
The current batch I have isn't my best. I didn't measure out my milk powder and used too much I think as I used half a sachet of vanilla yogurt to get the nice flavour...that is also quite old powder that has been sitting open in the fridge for some time. Also I left it for longer than normal. So many reasons for the strange texture I got, kind of gooey like honey but thicker. It taste really nice those, just a nice mild not too sweet vanilla. Of course once you add all the jam and fruit like me the 'lower sugar' reasoning is redundant. 

If you have never tried making yogurt before I highly recommend the Easiyo maker. It's easy and cheap and so much nicer than store bought!

3 comments:

  1. Yumm!!!! Big fan of blueberries, looks so good!! ^_^

    lilynotlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good DIY post! i so badly wanna try this! looks yummy xx
    amberblogposts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Looks great, but I always forget to eat yoghurt, so majority would go to waste :( Such a great idea though! xx



    Ms Jelena xx | http://ms-jelena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete