Saturday 4 January 2014

Moroccan Tile and Chevron Meal Planner Desktop + Downloads

This morning I was looking for an app or widget that I liked to use as a meal planner, previously I have been using my Google calendar but I wanted something prettier. I couldn't really find any basic, nice looking calendar widgets or apps that I liked so I made myself this background for my desktop that I can use with my desktop post-its as my weekly meal planner!

I used the program GIMP to create this, its basically a free Photoshop style program with lots of features that I don't know how to take advantage of. It is easy to use and get the hang of for basic projects and there are tutorials around for more complicated things.

All I did was create a new image the size of my screen (if you don't know you can find out here) and choose some pretty scrapbook papers to make the background and boxes. Then its just a matter of fiddling around with the placement and sizes until you are happy. I had to save a few versions with different placements to decide where I wanted it to sit on my desktop, but you can always just move the icons around to suit your placement.

Below are all the downloads and websites I used to create my desktop planner:

Digi-scrapbook papers- Mel Stampz
GIMP image editor
Font- Little Days (Cooltext.com)
Simple Sticky Notes
Screen Size 

If you like mine you can download it HERE!

2 comments:

  1. I like this! I have been menu planning for exactly one week (and one day into it haha) and currently have just a piece of paper with my terrible handwriting on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Much like my weekly planning for school, I am always changing the way I do it haha. But this one is nice and pretty at least. Thinking I might make a nice fancy looking thing for school as well. It's always nice to look at nice things ;)

      Delete