Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Year's Eve 2013

Welcome into 2014! I hope you all had a wonderful evening, however you spent it. I went to a party at a roof top bar in Richmond and it was fantastic. I had so much fun and and a wonderful view of the fireworks without the crowds and hassle of being right in the city. I was even luckier to be driven home by a friend who got an amazing park just meters from the venue which the cherry on top for me!




I went for a mostly black and silver look with pink glitter nails and gold smokey eyes.


Eyelashes from Priceline; necklace, bracelet and clutch from Colette; gold eye shadows from Orglamix Cosmetics.
I spent most of the afternoon cleaning and a little baking to get the house in shape so we could at least START the year nice and clean. Evidently my vacuum is somewhat more powerful than I thought.
That would be my phone cord that got sucked right out of the plug!

After cleaning, but pre-pre-drinking, I made myself a nice little cocktail to have with some deliciously gooey baked brie. It had apple schnapps, cranberry juice and just a little bit of ginger-ale, most excellent.


We got home around 2am after a long wait at our local Maccas for a hangover preventing cheeseburger (or two...). This morning I woke up feeling pretty good, no hangover, just sleepy and hungry! I solved the latter issue by making some microwave poached eggs (once you try it you will never bother with a pan again!) on two very nice slices of home-made packet mix sour-dough rye bread with Vegemite. 2014 Em gave silent thanks to 2013 Em for her forethought in both cleaning and cooking all that time ago.
 Click here for the recipe!
Click here for the recipe!


The rest of the day has been spent pottering around inside thanks to the cozy weather, mostly playing with my newold laptop ( $150 second hand from gumtree- win).

I have lots of plans for lots of posts coming up, so I hope you come back soon :)

2 comments:

  1. I love eggs on vegemite toast! Most people think I am weird though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was really gross when I first saw it, but then I tried it and it was the best thing ever! So many noms!

      Delete